It is imperative to provide a nutritious diet to your toddler ad one must know the right amount of food that your child should consume at this age.
- You must feed your toddler 5 to 6 servings of cereals and their flours like whole wheat, unpolished rice, jowar, corn, whole wheat bread every day.
- Pulses, sprouts, dals and flours 1 to 2 servings every day.
- Vegetable like Carrot, beet root, cucumber, brinjal, French beans, cluster beans, cauliflower florets, spinach, fenugreek, lettuce, radish leaves, coriander, 2 to 3 servings in a day.
- Fruits like pineapple, sweet lime, orange, mango, guava, watermelon, mango, apple and dried fruits like almonds, cashew nuts, sesame seeds, peanuts, dates, figs, apricots – 2 servings every day.
- Dairy products like milk, curd, cottage cheese, – 2 servings per day.
- Fats and sugar like Ghee, oil, butter, sugar and jiggery one serving per day.
Please do note that it is not necessary to provide all these nutrients to your child in a single meal and they can be part of a snack, or an extra dish with meals.
These nutritious foods keep your toddler healthy and also aids in the bowel movements due to high fiber content in some of the foods like fruits and vegetables.
You may also add some spices and condiments like salt, turmeric powder to enhance the taste and color and appeal of the food. Taking care of your child health is a vital aspect of parenting and all mothers need to do so.